Below are a list of procedures that our surgeons specialize in:
- Surgery of the Thyroid – Cancer and Non-cancerous
- Surgery of the Parathyroid
- Trauma Surgery and Intensive Care
- Surgery of the Breast – Cancer and Non-cancerous
- Surgery of the Lymph Nodes
- Surgery of the Esophagus – Laparoscopic Esophageal surgery
- Surgery for Gastric Reflux Disease
- Surgery of the Stomach – Cancer and Non-cancerous
- Surgery of the Liver – Cancer and Non-cancerous
- Surgery of the Gallbladder and Bile Ducts
- Surgery of the Spleen – Laparoscopic Spleen Removal
- Surgery of the Pancreas – Cancer and Non-cancerous
- Surgery of the Small Bowel – Bowel Obstruction
- Acute Appendicitis
- Colon Surgery – Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
- Rectal Surgery and Rectal Cancer Surgery
- Anal Surgery – Cancer, Hemorrhoids, Fissure, Fistula
- Incontinence Surgery
- Surgery for Inflammatory Bowel Disease – Ulcerative Colitis & Crohn’s Disease
- Adrenal Gland Surgery – Abdominal Wall or Groin Hernia
- Removal of Skin Cancer and Growths
- Access for Renal Dialysis or Peritoneal Dialysis
Surgical Specialists of Spokane offers a wide variety of specialties and an extensive array of the latest surgical techniques and procedures.
You can expect expert care in all aspects of general surgical care including appendectomies, hemorrhoidectomies, hernia repair and cholecystectomies (gallbladder surgery). Many of our surgeons are skilled in advanced laparoscopic procedures including gallbladder removal, appendectomies, inguinal hernia repair, hiatal hernia repair, colon resection, GERD nissen fundoplication (reflux) and gastro intestinal surgery.
Our surgeons provide the latest treatment of abdominal, reflux, colon and pelvic floor disease, as well as treatment for incontinence and diverticulosis. We have four of a very select group of surgeons in the United States trained in sphincter-preserving management of rectal cancer.
We offer our patients state of the art techniques and procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of the disease of the breast. This specialization is not limited to treatment of breast cancer, but covers all areas of care. With our stereotactic table, we are the only surgical group in the Inland Northwest with the ability to perform a stereotactic breast biopsy in our office. This will many times speed up your diagnosis and treatment plan.
Our special focus on the surgical procedures and techniques for the treatment of cancers means you will receive top quality care from surgeons that specialize in this area of surgical care.
Columbia Surgery Center is a fully-licensed, Medicare approved ambulatory facility created for patients under the care of our specialists. The center was developed as an alternative to a traditional hospital setting, providing a safe, convenient and decidedly specialized medical experience. Our staff is completely focused on the needs of our patients.
Columbia Surgery Center has achieved accreditation by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
Accreditation distinguishes this surgical center from many other outpatient facilities by providing the highest quality of care to its patients as determined by an independent, external process of evaluation.
Status as an accredited organization means Columbia Surgery Center has met nationally recognized standards for the provision of quality health care set by AAAHC. More than 6,000 ambulatory health care organizations across the United States are accredited by AAAHC. Not all ambulatory health care organizations seek accreditation; not all that undergo the rigorous on-site survey process are granted accreditation.
When you have your surgery in our surgery center, your anesthetic will be given by a board certified Anesthesiologist from the Anesthesia Associates group.
With over 75 combined years of experience, our surgical team is dedicated to serving Spokane and the Inland Northwest with innovative, high quality, comprehensive care. The surgical team consists of head and neck surgeons, general surgeons, colorectal surgeons, anesthesiologists, certified registered nurses, and certified surgical technologists.